Product Lifecycle FAQs
FAQs for 2015.09 and Earlier
End of Life (EOL):
- What does End of Life (EOL) mean?
- Because versions 2015.09 and earlier of Runtime products are being discontinued, Runtime will not be providing technical support nor doing any further development or maintenance on versions 2015.09 and earlier.
- Runtime intends to support product versions 2015.09 and earlier through the December 31, 2017 for customers under any existing current Support & Maintenance contracts.
- When is the date that this EOL will become effective?
- The EOL is effective December 31, 2017.
- Where can I find your product lifecycle policy?
- Please find our Product Lifecycle Policy here
- What is your roadmap information?
- Please contact your Runtime Sales Representative to arrange for roadmap updates.
- Does this mean EOL versions of Runtime products will not work after December 31, 2017?
- Your solution based on an EOL product version can last for many years, but since every customer solution is different, we are making information available to you so that you can make informed decisions about continuing on a EOL product version or migrating to our newest version.
- What happens if a bug is discovered or reported in a EOL version of Runtime products?
- If the issue has an acceptable workaround, or a known fix exists, it will be provided as-is.
- Runtime will, at its discretion, decide on engineering a new fix for any release prior to 2015.09 based on customer and business priorities.
- What are my options / What if I do not want to migrate to a newer version?
- You can decide to remain on your EOL version with the understanding that support and maintenance will be discontinued.
- You can migrate to our newest version. Runtime is committed to working with you to ensure that you are able to get the most from your investment.
- What if I want or need customization support?
- Runtime, at its discretion, may decide to provide customization support based on customer and business priorities. Please contact your Runtime Sales Representative regarding for special customization and professional services options.
- Can I pay for continued support and continue to use the EOL versions of Runtime products?
- At Runtime, we want to be as flexible as we can with our customers. Please contact your Runtime Sales Representative to discuss custom support solutions.
- Do I get access to the newest version of your software under my current agreement?
- If you are licensed under an Enterprise licensing agreement, you already have access to the latest version. Please contact Runtime support for an updated license key
- If you are currently licensed under a Perpetual licensing agreement, please contact your Runtime Sales Representative for more information.
- I am still not happy. I have been using this version of Runtime product for many years and do not want to change!
- Runtime has designed the latest versions of our products to be much more performant and scalable. We are confident that once you try the latest version, you will be greatly satisfied.
- We encourage you to look at our solutions on our website or contact your local sales contact to see our latest products up close.
- If you still want to continue to use your EOL version, you can with the understanding that support will be discontinued after December 31, 2017.
Did you find this article helpful?