Rename a Tag in LicenseMonitor (Admin Only)
You may want to rename tags that were created to a monitor a license server.
Please note: Any name change will only change the name going forward; it will not change any historical data. So if the tag changed was cad_WAN_SC and is changed to cad_WAN_AUS on Jan 1, 2017, you need to use the old name to pull reports prior to that date. Or you can link the historical data from the old tag to the new one using the Command Line Interface.You need admin permissions to perform this task.
To rename a tag, perform the following steps:
1. Go to the Admin tab, and select the Monitors option.
2. Scroll down to the bottom, find the tag that needs to be removed, and select Edit.
3. Change the name of the tag name and click the Update button at the bottom of screen. Figure: Renaming a Tag
You need to delete the tag you just renamed in two additional places.
4. Go to the Admin page, and select the Tags tab and then Server.
Please note: Ensure that the top left of the page says "Tag Administration (server)" and NOT "Tag Administration (database)" or it will delete the tag from the database. Figure: Tag Administration
5. Click the checkbox by the tag you wish to delete.
6. Click the Delete Selected Tags from Server Memory button.
7. Go to the Admin tab and select the Tasks option. The Periodic Job List will display.
Figure: Periodic Job List
8. Find the ".info" and ".stat" jobs for the tag of your choosing.
9. For each of the jobs, click on the Job name (highlighted in blue) and the Admin job page will display.
Figure: Job Admin Page
10. In the upper right corner, click on the trash can icon to Forget the job, click Confirm. Do this for each of the jobs and you’re done.
Did you find this article helpful?