Generate a Usage Report in LicenseMonitor
There are three types of reports that you can generate, a usage report, a denials report and a batch report, each with its own subset of reports:
- A Usage Report shows license utilization. There are eleven types of these reports.
- A Denials Report shows statistical information about denial events. With this report, you can determine if you have too many or too few licenses.
- A Batch Report enables you to combine data and create static reports.
To do so, perform the following steps:
1. Go to the History tab and select the Usage option:
Figure: History Tab - Usage Reports
From the Usage page, you can generate the following 11 types of web GUI reports:
- Feature Statistics: An overview of availability and utilization statistics for a time frame.
- Daily Feature Plots: A graph of the metrics shown on the Feature Statistics page for a specific tag/feature combination.
- Efficiency Statistics: A table showing the metrics associated with efficient license usage.
- Efficiency Histogram: A graph that shows license availability. It can show both licensing bottlenecks and waste.
- Detailed Plots: A group of graphs, which show availability and utilization statistics.
- Heatmap: A unique report, which shows the time period specified, represented as a 24x7 clock view.
- Checkout Statistics: A report that can show pin-pointed data about license utilization.
- Checkout Details: A report that shows the actual checkouts shown in the Statistics view.
- Duration Histogram: A graph that shows the distribution of checkouts based on duration.
- Usage Comparison Plot: A graph, which accompanies the checkout statistics page, and allows for complex report-by and filter options.
- Usage Trends: A report on one or more features over a specified time frame.
Figure: Daily Feature Statistics
3. Enter a time range from the drop-down list.
4. Click on Tag or Feature, and narrow the search by a Tag or Feature, as desired. You can also enter a wild card search.
5. Click the Submit button. The report will refresh with your new terms.
Figure: Updated Daily Feature Statistics Report
6. (Optional) You can convert this report to a batch report, by clicking on Convert to a Batch Report – which is located beneath the Submit button. This saves your report, and you can rerun it, without having to enter in report parameters again.
7. After clicking on the link, you will advance to the Batch Report page.
8. Enter a name for your report, and click the Create Reports button at the bottom of the page. When you login, your report will be available from the Batch Report page until you delete it.
Did you find this article helpful?